In a world where few things have been certain, one thing you can count on is top-end quarterbacks in DFS have continued to produce week in and week out. With scoring way up in the NFL this year, we are seeing unbelievable production from the QB position. My favorite play of the young season has been Dak Prescott, who continues to put up monster numbers with his salary on Draft Kings staying pretty much the same. He will continue to be a smash play if the Cowboys offense keeps putting up the numbers they have been.
We are now on to Week 5. This is a bit of a strange week in DFS. You will notice that the projected game totals continue to be very high, however, there are not as many game stacks that jump out at you, like there has been in the first four weeks. You will have to dig a bit deeper this week to find the matchups that you like. The Sunday Main Slate also took a hit with the Buffalo-Tennessee game being postponed for a couple days. This takes Josh Allen and Stefon Diggs out of the picture for the week. Here are my favorite plays for Week 5. As a reminder, I focus on the Main Slate only each week.
DAL vs NYG: Implied game total of 54.5 points
1. Dak Prescott - $7400
- Dak has put up 43, 33 and 42 Draft Kings points in the last 3 weeks, including 502 yards and 4 TDs last week. He remains my favorite QB on the board in DFS.
2. Amari Cooper - $7400
- Draft Kings has finally priced Cooper up in the $7k’s where he belongs. He has 12, 9, 6 and 10 catches in his first 4 games, while being targeted at least 9 times each game. I love playing Cooper, especially at home.
3. Darius Slayton - $4800
- This play is less about Slayton and more about how bad the Cowboys have been on defense. They cannot stop outside WRs as we saw last week, when OBJ torched them all game long. Slayton is cheap and has the potential to put up a huge game.
**This leaves you with $5067 per player to build your lineup.
Photo courtesy of insidehook.com
CAR @ATL: Implied game total of 54 points
1. Teddy Bridgewater - $5900
2. Robby Anderson - $5900
3. Julio Jones (If healthy) - $6800
**This leaves you with $5233 per player to build your lineup.
Photo courtesy of revengeofthebirds.com
LV @ KC: Implied game total of 55 points.
1. Patrick Mahomes - $7700
2. Tyreek Hill - $6900
3. Darren Waller - $5900
**This leaves you with $4917 per player to build your lineup.
Photo courtesy of sbnation.com
1. Ezekiel Elliot - $7800 vs NYG
2. Clyde Edwards-Helaire - $6800 vs LV
3. Mike Davis - $6400 @ATL
4. Kareem Hunt - $6500 vs IND
5. DeAndre Hopkins - $7900 @ NYJ
6. Cooper Kupp - $6500 @WASH
7. George Kittle - $6600 vs MIA
8. CeeDee Lamb - $6000 vs NYG
9. DJ Chark - $6500 @HOU
10. Deshaun Watson - $6900 vs JAX
Photo courtesy of ninersnation.com
1. Carson Wentz - $5600 at PIT
2. Miles Sanders - $6500 @ PIT
3. Kenyan Drake - $5700 @ NYJ
4. DJ Moore - $6000 @ ATL
Photo courtesy of phillyvoice.com
As you can see, there are not as many smash plays on the board this week, but there is still plenty to like. I believe these will be the three strongest stacks and they leave you with plenty of salary to put out a strong lineup. As always, GPP’s are won and lost with the lower-owned sleeper plays. Put in the research and find guys that will be given the opportunity to have a bigger workload (more carries, targets, etc). As always, if you want any advice or have a question about your lineup, feel free to reach out to me on Twitter @jsulli2121. Let’s kill it this week and win some money!