While watching the games on the slate from Week 13, one thing became abundantly clear to me…if you're not playing Aaron Rodgers and Davante Adams in your lineup each week, you are probably not consistently winning in DFS. As I mentioned in my article last week and on the Fantasy and Gambling Show, Rodgers was the most underpriced QB on the slate last week. It was almost disrespectful for him to not be the highest priced QB on a slate that did not include Patrick Mahomes. Again, this week, Rodgers is the 4th highest priced QB. I do not understand this at all, but I will continue to play Rodgers week in and week out. As far as Adams goes, he has been making it look easy. He continues to be a smash play every week, even though his salary has now climbed to over $9000. If you play Adams, you can pretty much count on at least 100 receiving yards and a touchdown, without thinking twice.
We are now on to Week 14. All of the bye weeks are now behind us as the regular season reaches its final stretch. Outside of my Rodgers stacks, last week wasn’t very kind to me, but we are looking to change that on this loaded slate. The QB position continues to be the deciding factor when it comes to larger GPP contests. That doesn’t necessarily mean you always have to have an elite QB in your lineup though as last week’s Millionaire Maker lineup had Derek Carr in the QB spot. After burning owners and scoring just 4 points in Week 12, Carr had a huge game and carried his owners to big finishes last week. Having said that, I will continue to play the higher end stacks and differentiate elsewhere. Any time Mahomes and Rodgers are on the slate, you can count on them being in a majority of my lineups. As always, we focus on the Sunday Main Slate only. Here are my picks for the week:
GB @ DET: Implied team total of 31.5 points. (GB)
1. Aaron Rodgers - $7500
- Rodgers is the 4th highest priced QB on the slate and seems underpriced yet again. He's averaging over 25 points per game this season and has scored at least 23 points in each of the last 7 games.
2. Devante Adams - $9300
- Adams is averaging 11 targets and a mind blowing 27.9 points per game. He has scored at least 18 points in each of his last 7 games. He needs to be in your lineups each and every week.
3. Robert Tonyan - $4200
- Tonyan has scored 15, 17, 13 points in his last 3 games and Rodgers has started to target him quite a bit in the Red Zone. I love including him in my Rodgers stacks.
**This leaves with $4833 per player to build the rest of your lineup.
Photo courtesy of tmj4.com
TB vs MIN: Implied game total of 52.5 points.
1. Tom Brady - $6900
- Brady has averaged 39.5 passing attempts per game. He has been inconsistent, but with the weapons that TB has, Brady can go off any given week. I love the matchup against Minnesota.
2. Chris Godwin - $6300
- Godwin has averaged 17.1 points over the last 3 games and has been targeted at least 6 times in every game this season.