While watching the games on the slate from Week 13, one thing became abundantly clear to me…if you're not playing Aaron Rodgers and Davante Adams in your lineup each week, you are probably not consistently winning in DFS. As I mentioned in my article last week and on the Fantasy and Gambling Show, Rodgers was the most underpriced QB on the slate last week. It was almost disrespectful for him to not be the highest priced QB on a slate that did not include Patrick Mahomes. Again, this week, Rodgers is the 4th highest priced QB. I do not understand this at all, but I will continue to play Rodgers week in and week out. As far as Adams goes, he has been making it look easy. He continues to be a smash play every week, even though his salary has now climbed to over $9000. If you play Adams, you can pretty much count on at least 100 receiving yards and a touchdown, without thinking twice.
We are now on to Week 14. All of the bye weeks are now behind us as the regular season reaches its final stretch. Outside of my Rodgers stacks, last week wasn’t very kind to me, but we are looking to change that on this loaded slate. The QB position continues to be the deciding factor when it comes to larger GPP contests. That doesn’t necessarily mean you always have to have an elite QB in your lineup though as last week’s Millionaire Maker lineup had Derek Carr in the QB spot. After burning owners and scoring just 4 points in Week 12, Carr had a huge game and carried his owners to big finishes last week. Having said that, I will continue to play the higher end stacks and differentiate elsewhere. Any time Mahomes and Rodgers are on the slate, you can count on them being in a majority of my lineups. As always, we focus on the Sunday Main Slate only. Here are my picks for the week:
GB @ DET: Implied team total of 31.5 points. (GB)
1. Aaron Rodgers - $7500
- Rodgers is the 4th highest priced QB on the slate and seems underpriced yet again. He's averaging over 25 points per game this season and has scored at least 23 points in each of the last 7 games.
2. Devante Adams - $9300
- Adams is averaging 11 targets and a mind blowing 27.9 points per game. He has scored at least 18 points in each of his last 7 games. He needs to be in your lineups each and every week.
3. Robert Tonyan - $4200
- Tonyan has scored 15, 17, 13 points in his last 3 games and Rodgers has started to target him quite a bit in the Red Zone. I love including him in my Rodgers stacks.
**This leaves with $4833 per player to build the rest of your lineup.
Photo courtesy of tmj4.com
TB vs MIN: Implied game total of 52.5 points.
1. Tom Brady - $6900
- Brady has averaged 39.5 passing attempts per game. He has been inconsistent, but with the weapons that TB has, Brady can go off any given week. I love the matchup against Minnesota.
2. Chris Godwin - $6300
- Godwin has averaged 17.1 points over the last 3 games and has been targeted at least 6 times in every game this season.
3. Adam Thielen - $7000
- Thielen has scored 20, 35 and 21 points in his last 3 games played. He is averaging 7.9 targets a game and a ton of targets in the Red Zone. I expect TB to try to take away Justin Jefferson down the field, so I like Thielen a lot this week.
**This leaves you with $4967 left per player to build the rest of your lineup.
Photo courtesy of tampabay.com
MIA vs KC: Implied game total of 49 points.
1. Tua Tagovailoa - $5400
2. Mike Gesicki - $4500
3. Travis Kelce - $7400
**Leaves you with $5450 per player to make the rest of your lineup.
Photo courtesy of palmbeachpost.com
1. Patrick Mahomes - $8100 @ MIA
2. Deshaun Watson - $7600 @ CHI
3. Derrick Henry - $8700 @ JAX
4. Austin Ekeler - $7000 vs ATL
5. David Montgomery - $6500 vs HOU
6. Wayne Gallman - $5700 vs ARI
7. Kennan Allen - $7700 vs ATL
7. Michael Thomas - $7100 @ PHI
8. Allen Robinson - $6800 vs HOU
10. Brandon Aiyuk - $5400 vs WASH
Photo courtesy of 49erswebzone.com
1. Ty Johnson - $4700 @ SEA
2. CeeDee Lamb - $4800 @ CIN
3. Breshad Perriman - $3900 @ SEA (if healthy)
4. Collin Johnson - $3600 vs TEN
5. Jalen Guyton - $3200 vs ATL
Photo courtesy of pff.com
As you can see, I will be starting mostly with higher end stacks in my lineups. You can’t go wrong with starting your lineups with Mahomes and Rodgers any time they are on the slate. They are both elite QB’s and their stacking options are about as good as it gets. Once you start your lineups with these high-end plays, you will have to find value at other positions. If you have read my other articles you know that is my favorite part of the lineup building process. This year in particular, I have been able to find at good amount of low-end value at the WR position. I take it as a personal challenge each week to find sleepers for myself and for this article! I wish you good luck this week in all your contests and as always, feel free to reach out to me on Twitter @jsulli2121 with any lineup questions.