Jason Sullivan's NFL Week 7 Draft Kings Preview
After a few weeks without many elite stacking options, we are finally back to having our pick of high-end QB’s, along with some great WR options in those games. As you know, I’m a huge fan of using cheaper stacks that leave me with more money per player to build the rest of my lineup. However, I strongly believe that this will be one of those weeks where you need a high-end QB in your lineup if you want to win the big money. Russell Wilson, Josh Allen, Patrick Mahomes, Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers and DeShaun Watson are the 6 highest priced QB options for the week and I couldn’t fault you for starting your lineup with any of these guys. All 6 have very solid matchups and should put up high point totals, with the possible exception of Josh Allen who is going up against the awful New York Jets. The matchup is great, but this game is more than likely going to get out of hand early, which may limit Allen’s upside. There is a lot to be excited about on this slate. As a reminder, I focus on the Sunday Main Slate only. Here are my picks for Week 7.
SEA @ ARI: Implied game total of 56 points (This game has been flexed into the Sunday Night game, but I have confirmed with Draft Kings that it will still be counted on the Main Slate).
1. Russell Wilson - $8000
- Wilson is averaging an insane 31 points per game in his 5 contests so far this season. He has also thrown at least 2 TD passes in every game. He has been the most consistent QB in the league and I expect more of the same this week.
2. DK Metcalf - $7200
- Metcalf has scored at least 17 points in every game this season and has been on the receiving end of at least 6 targets in each game. Metcalf is also Wilson’s favorite target in the Red Zone, which is great.
3. DeAndre Hopkins - $8200
- This price is a bit high, but I firmly believe this is going to be a shootout, so I want the best offensive player on each team. Hopkins has piled up at least 7 targets in each game. The Cardinals are going to have to put up a lot of points to compete with Seattle, and I expect Hopkins to have a huge game.
**Leaves you with $4433 per player to build the rest of your lineup.
Photo courtesy of seahawks.com
GB @ HOU: Implied game total of 57.5 points.
1. Deshaun Watson - $6800
-Watson has had two monster games since Bill O’Brien was fired. The Texans have been airing it out and actually playing to Watson’s strengths. Houston will need to score this week and I like Watson to have another big game.
2. Will Fuller - $6800
- Fuller has gone from strictly a deep threat to an extremely consistent all-around WR this year. He has at least 5 targets in every game and has a TD or 100 yards receiving in every game he has played.
3. Aaron Jones - $7200
- My first thought was to play Devante Adams here, however, Jones burned a lot of people last week (me included) and I think he will be lower-owned and is in a good spot for a huge game. The Texans has been awful against the run and I see a big game coming for Jones.
**Leaves you with $4750 per player to build the rest of your lineup.
Photo courtesy of usatoday.com
1. Alvin Kamara - $7900 vs CAR
2. Chris Carson - $6400 @ ARI
3. Kenyan Drake - $4800 vs SEA
4. Stefon Diggs - $7000 @ NYJ
5. Kenny Golladay - $6700 @ ATL
6. Keenan Allen - $6200 vs JAX
7. Terry McLaurin - $5800 vs DAL
8. Chase Claypool - $5700 @ TEN
9. Tee Higgins - $5300 vs CLE
10. Hunter Henry - $4500 vs JAX
Photo courtesy of profootballnetwork.com
1. Josh Allen - $7700 @ NYJ
2. Josh Jacobs - $6300 vs TB
3. James Robinson - $6200 @ LAC
4. George Kittle - $6500 @ NE
Photo courtesy of mercurynews.com
I absolutely love this week’s slate. You can build high-end stacks pretty easily or choose to go with some cheaper stacks, which allows you to pay up at RB and WR. I will build my lineups with as many pieces as I can fit from the ARI-SEA and GB-HOU games. I think both of those games will be shootouts and as you can see Vegas thinks the same thing. My one piece of advice for you as you build your lineups this week, is to have fun with it. Don’t overthink it while trying to build the perfect lineups, because that is so unbelievably hard to do. Go with what makes sense. Remember, low-owned doesn’t necessarily mean value. Decide on a narrative when building your team and stick to it. There is a lot of money to be made on Draft Kings, so why not us? As always, if you want any advice when building your lineups, feel free to reach out to me on Twitter @jsulli2121. Let’s make some money!