With Week 1 of the NFL season now in the books, we are on to Week 2. Week 1 was a weird week, which it usually is. With everything going on this year, it was even more difficult to peg down your plays because we did not have a preseason this year. Now that we have some clarity and have seen what teams want to do, we should have an easier time going forward. Here are my Week 2 picks.
Atlanta at Dallas: Implied game total of 53.5
1. Matt Ryan - $6600
· Ryan had 27.9 points in Week 1. That offense is loaded and this is going to be a shootout.
2. Julio Jones - $7400 or Calvin Ridley - $6800
· Julio had 9 catches for 157 yards in Week 1. Huge showing and one of these weeks he will get into the endzone.
· Ridley had 9 catches for 130 yards and 2 TD’s in Week 1.
· You can’t go wrong with either player, but I’m going with Julio as long as he's healthy.
3. Amari Cooper - $6300
· Cooper was targeted 14 times in Week 1 with a tough matchup. Things will get easier this week and I think he will have a huge game.
**This will leave you with $4950 per player remaining in your lineup**
Photo Courtesy of cbssports.com
Second Favorite Stack
Arizona vs Washington: Implied game total of 46.5
1. Kyler Murray - $6100
· This is way too cheap of a price for a guy that can do it with his arm and his legs. Nearly 100 yards rushing in Week 1. Clearly, the plan is to get him out in space.
2. DeAndre Hopkins - $7700
· Hopkins is clearly already Murray’s favorite target, piling up 14 catches on 16 targets in Week 1. He is a plug and play for me each week.
3. Terry McLaurin - $5900
· I’m a bit hesitant to follow up my Arizona stack with McLaurin, not because of him, but more so because I don’t trust Dwayne Haskins. I’m ok with using McLaurin, but I think the play is just to stack Murray and Hopkins.